Wednesday, May 28, 2008

God's Word is Reliable

The other day, I was reading Jim Martin's blog, A Place for the God Hungry. The article I read was titled "Your Concerns About Money". I enjoyed reading the article and the comments. My first thought was Luke 12:22-31, where Jesus tells His disciples, don't worry about what you'll wear or eat, because the body is more than clothing and food. God takes care of the birds and the flowers, how much more valuable are you to Him?

Ok, to begin with I don't think I should've responded. I certainly don't have a handle on money management. I've since realized I did it self righteously. I believe in God and His Word, which He spoke through His Son and the prophets. I'm just not walking as I should. I believe God has everything we will ever need, but first we must obey His Word.

I have a hunger for God and His Word, His Spiritual Truth. I hunger for His Knowledge, His Wisdom, and His Understanding. But my hunger is too often superceded by my own selfish desires.

But, with that said, here are two verses that I count on:

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. KJV

Since God loves us and wants and has the very best for us, this is comforting. Typically the last thing we remember about ourselves is our last failure, the last thing we did wrong. Well, just knowing that God has begun a good work in us and will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ, Php 1:6, gives us hope, something to count on.

I believe my intentions in responding to Jim's blog were good. I was speaking God's Word and as said in Isaiah 55:11, His Word doesn't return unto Him void. This means God's Word goes where it's needed, and it touches someone's heart, whether they have a big life changing experience, or just some encouragement for the moment. His Word always succeeds.

Thank You Father for Your Truth.

God bless servant21

No comments: