Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Can I pray for you?

I was thinking about this girl I work with, she came to work the other day and looked really sad and alone. I asked her if she was ok and she said no, so I asked if I could pray for her and she said it wouldn't help.

Well, there was nothing more I could've done,so I let it go. She'd already decided that prayer wouldn't help. I guess if you don't know God or only know Him in a small measure, you don't know or understand how great He is or what He can and will do.

I hope I'll offer to pray for her again and I hope this time she'll let me, cause I know God would love to have her as His.

See, I sometimes have a problem doing what our Father says. Like when I get an understanding from the Holy Spirit to pray for someone, I'll immediately freeze up, I get scared. Sometimes I overcome fear and sometimes I don't. So, sometimes I do what my Father tells me to and sometimes I don't. This is not acceptable.

2 Tim 1:7 says, " For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. So, when I'm told to do something by our Father, I need to recognize who my Father is, by not allowing the spirit of fear to quench the Holy Spirit in me. I know what I'm supposed to do, but I still mess up.

As it says in Isaiah 55:8-9, His ways are not our ways and His ways are higher than our ways. I'm thankful for this, because every time I mess up, I can count on my Father. He's in control and knows what needs to be done and how much testing it'll take for me to overcome this present evil in my face.

So, all I can do is trust our Father, so when He wants me to pray for someone, I will. I'll simply rebuke the enemy and walk in the doonamis,and exooseah, power and authority, He's given me and speak to the mountain of fear and cast it into the sea, Matt 21:21. Amen.

God bless, servant21

3 comments:

Shark Girl said...

I like that you can even approach someone to ask to pray for them. I'd like to get to that point in my walk with the Lord too.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Wesley: SG is at another low place in her life at this time. It certainly is about her lack of money at this time but is so much more. I ask you as Gods' servant to reach out to her and see how you can help.

servant21 said...

I'm so very glad others, fishing guy in particular, care and are concerned about sharkgirl. Thank you for calling out to me with this request, truly I feel the love you no doubt walk in, God bless you.

We are friends, very good ones. Actually, my brother told her that our relationship is abnormal. Because we spend so much time together and we're not dating, we're just friends.

I see what's in the world, I used to live there, I don't want normal. I want to be like Jesus.

But you're right, she's in a tight fix. For now, I'm her taxi. And I'll do everything I can to help her in every way possible. She's my friend and I love her and I don't want her to suffer. I want God to begin blessing her as He did Job. I want her to get more than she lost. And the God I believe in, is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord our Provider. And He will provide. Amen.

Thank you and God bless you fishing guy.