Sunday, June 8, 2008

I BELIEVE

I believe in God. I believe He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, because the Bible says so. (I also believe the Bible is His inerrant Word spoken to us, by His Holy prophets, so we will know His Will and what He expects from us.) I believe He is One and I believe He is Three. He is a Threefold God. This is spoken throughout the entire Bible. Why do people in the church believe in the Trinity, but not the actual working of the Holy Spirit or Spiritual Gifts?

Matthew 28:19 says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" KJV

Why would He say baptize them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost/Spirit, if He wasn't a threefold God? (Spirit and ghost are the same Greek word, pneuma, pronounced pnyoo'-mah.)

Genesis 1:26 says “...Let Us make man in Our Image, after Our Likeness..." KJV

This verse uses the words Us and Our, these words imply more than one. Why then, does most of the body of Christ not believe He is Three? I'll tell you why. Actually, I'll quote scripture.

1 Tim.4:1 says, "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." KJV

Read the entire chapter to see what He's talking about.

God is a Triune Being, that means three. He is the Father, He is our Father, as spoken in

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. KJV

We are adopted by Him, He is our Father, our Dad, our Daddy. Also, He is the Son, God in human form, our Saviour, our Example, the One we seek to emulate or be like. Also, He is the Holy Spirit and He has many Names and parts to play in our lives. He is the Comforter, He is an Intercessor, He is also a Tutor, as spoken in

John 16:7-13

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.
8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see Me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. KJV

I pray our Father will open your eyes and ears and let you receive Spiritual Truth. I pray He will let you receive the Truth spoken in this blog. I ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ.

God bless

servant21

No comments: