Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We are of the Second Man

When Jesus went to the cross, His reason was to atone for our sins.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: KJV

Jesus is known as the Last Adam. In that, He took all that was of Adam, our fallen nature, to judgment and death on the cross. “What the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh.” Adam's flesh was weak, he succumbed to the voice of the enemy. And when we walk after the flesh, we are weak because we aren't doing what our Father has commanded us, but we do as we like, following the voice of the enemy.

So the law could not succeed because we are weak. We are weak when we walk after the flesh, because our attention is easily captured by the pretty things of the world and we are led astray. But when we walk after the Spirit, we are mighty by the Power of God through the Holy Spirit. There was a time for the law and it served it's purpose, but now, when we walk after the Spirit, we live in the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

Let me use myself as an example;

When I smoke a cigarette, I'm walking after the flesh. Smoking, in no way, glorifies God. Smoking is one of the pretty things of the world and the only glory is mine and self glory is pride and God resists the proud. When I look at a pretty girl or express my anger through curses, God is not glorified, but I am. Again, God resists the proud.

James 3:10b My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

But when I'm speaking Spiritual Truth with a brother or sister, God totally digs that, then, He is Glorified. Or when I speak truth to someone at work, God is Glorified, because I'm doing what I, we, were commanded to do. I'm sharing the Gospel.

So whether we're “in Christ” or “in Adam” is a moment by moment decision. I pray our choices put us in Christ.

Christ died as the last Adam, but was arisen as the Second Man. We are born in Adam, but we are reborn in Christ, the Second Man, Who is the Head of a new race.

We died in Him as the last Adam, we also, live in Him as the Second Man.

servant21


1 comment:

preacherman said...

Wonderful thoughts.
I really enjoy reading your blog. You do a fantastic job.
It is in my favs.
I am going to be adding to the discussion more often as God allows. I hope you have a blessed week brother!