Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Sabbath Day

The Lord has recently put the Sabbath Day on my heart. The majority of the Body worships on Sunday, but God said,

Genesis 2:2-3

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. KJV

Exodus 20:8-11

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. KJV

GOD said to keep the Sabbath Day holy, the seventh day. But most of the Body of Christ worships on Sunday, why?

Because most of the Body of Christ does what man says. God didn't say, I've Blessed and Hallowed the seventh day, but you go ahead and worship on the first day. (In case you missed it, this is sarcasm)

I'm reading a book by Jeffrey Weiss, "The Truth of Reformation." In it he speaks about the Sabbath being on the seventh day, as spoken by God, our Father, you know, the Creator. He also speaks about festivals and how the belief of the majority of the Body is what man has decided. The facts he listed are unproven by me, so whether or not they're true, I don't know. But one thing I do know, God blessed and hallowed the seventh day, the Sabbath. He spoke it in His Word, the Bible. You can read the above verses or look it up in your own Bible.

So, that's all I want to write for now. I want people to question what they believe. Especially, if it, in any way, contradicts the Bible.

God bless

3 comments:

preacherman said...

Wonderful post on the Sabbath Day. I believe as Christians we should take time to relax, remember what God has done for us, the blessings the hope, situations in which God has brought us out of, life we have in Christ. No work, no play just rememberance. You did such a wonderful job on this post brother. Keep up the great work! :-)

Anonymous said...

preacherman, thanks for the encouraging comments. When I published your comments, I did them one at a time and I don't know what happened to the other one.
You know, it's good to know that others in the Body of Christ believe what God, our Father, said. It's very sad that most of the Body believe what man says. Most don't know a thing about what they are believing, most don't really believe. Go to Church and get saved and they think they're set, but they're not. Many are called, but few are chosen. Thank You Father for choosing me.
preacherman, I'm glad you read my blog and I'm excited that you like it. God bless you and your walk preacherman.

Shark Girl said...

I think this makes you one Christian in a row that I know of (well, two counting my dad) that is willing to learn about the 4th Commandment.

I've been critisized, big time, by Christians who think I'm wrong to view the Sabbath as the day God was talking about in the Commandments.

What I don't understand is why Christians, and especially pastors, get mad when this topic is brought up.

They're fine with ALL the other commandments, but not the fourth. Peculiar isn't it?

Is that because they are rooted in man's traditions instead of God's? If they would just do a history of Sabbath, they'll find out it wasn't God who changed the day.

It was the Catholic Church.

Yet, Christians get mad. That tells me they could care less about what God says. They have their god in a box and they can control him. They aren't serving the same God Abraham, Isaac and Jacob served.

They're serving their own man-made god.

And they also argue that the disciples kept Sunday. If they go read that scripture that they hold dear to, they will see that the desciples were meeting on the first day of the week to plan their week's events.

They would NEVER have met on the Sabbath to plan their business for the week. That would have been against the law. They were having a meeting...not celebrating Sabbath. Big difference.

It really upsets me that pastors lie to their congregations and would rather take all them down a lie instead of learning the truth.

Can you tell I've been chewed out by a few pastors? lol